Image: “Pumpkin stem” by Benjamin D. Esham / Wikimedia Commons.
*this post contains affiliate links for which I could be compensated
I shared this recipe on my blog last fall, but it’s just too good not to pass on again.
This time of year is one of my favorites, and I know that’s true for many of you as well. The crisp air, changing colors, crock pot meals, roaring fires and warm fuzzy sweaters. One of the best things about Fall are the desserts. Pumpkin and Apple everything!
Thanksgiving is only a few days away now, so before you run to the store for the ingredients for all your favorite dishes, be sure to add the fixings for this to your list as well.
Thanksgiving/Fall/Autumn Apple-Pumpkin-Cinnamon-Cranberry Thingy
Ingredients you will need:
- Your Car
- Drive to nearest liquor store or wine shop (or wine “shoppe” if you’re pretentious).
- Ask clerk to help you find the bottles of Riesling, Muscato, Port or Zinfandel. These pair well with the desserts you’ll be making.
- Buy as many bottles as you will need for your guests. If family is coming, double the recipe.
- Drive to nearest bakery.
- Buy whatever apple, pumpkin, cranberry, cinnamon things they have.
- Bring home.
- Put desserts on Autumnal inspired serving pieces to make them prettier (this may lead some to believe you baked them yourself. Don’t argue with them about it, it’s tacky).
- Serve above recipe in wine glasses. Don’t forget to serve your guests as well.
I hope this recipe proves to be a new favorite for you and your family.