So, I’m a gal who loves “to-do” lists and grocery lists and making lists of goals for each new year. I love the anticipation of getting something accomplished or experiencing something, and the satisfaction of having completed it.
One list, however, that I truly thought I’d never make was a “bucket list“. Honestly, my only reason was that I thought it was a little cheesy/passe’/cliché’. But, when I was recovering from a double mastectomy, I decided that a bucket list is actually a really great idea.
So, cliché’ as it might be, I went ahead and created one just over two years ago. I have so much more to add, but I wanted to share with you what I have, and what I’ve already checked off.
Hopefully this will inspire you to look at your own life, at what your hopes and dreams are, and start thinking intentionally about making some plans of your own, and perhaps write your own list.
Jess’ Bucket List
- Walk a red carpet (maybe one of you will get famous and invite me to your premier…?)
- Go to the top of the Eiffel Tower (fear of heights, be damned)
- Drink wine in Bordeaux, France
- Travel all over Italy (okay, I apparently have a penchant for Europe)
- Go back to Hawaii
- Publish a book √
- Buy a house in the woods
- Adopt a rescue dog
- Host a wine pairings party (no one is more surprised than I am that this hasn’t already happened)
- Take Grace on a mother-daughter beach vacation √
- Stay in a B&B in Vermont
- Drink Beer in Ireland (we’re back in Europe again)
- Learn a foreign language (I technically did learn Spanish in High School and College, but I’m afraid all I remember is how to order a margarita and get myself to a bathroom)
- Own a Louis Vuitton bag (don’t judge me)
- Go vegan for a whole month √
- Throw Grace a big birthday party √
- Grow zucchini
- Learn how to make homemade pasta
- Spend New Year’s Eve in Times Square
- Go on a mission trip
- Travel to Israel
- Volunteer at a food pantry
- Raise money for breast cancer research √
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Take a painting class
- Commit an extremely generous random act of kindness √ (if you’ve not yet done this, I promise you it’s the most fun you can have)
- Own a black Valentino dress
- Own a pair of Christian Louboutins
- Write a children’s book with Grace
- Become a New York Times Best Selling author (we have to have some really big, crazy ones, don’t we?)
Wow, so I have a whole lot to accomplish. Not entirely sure how I’m going to pull off some of this, but not to worry, that’s part of the fun.
What about you? Do you have a bucket list? Please share some of it with us! If you don’t, what types of things would be on your list? I get completely geeked out over things like this, so I’d sincerely love to hear from you!