Every January 1st I convince my husband to start some sort of diet, cleanse, detox or exercise program with me. And every Spring Break, roughly 12-14 weeks later, I suggest we do the same.
New Year’s resolutions rarely stick because they’re too lofty and too large. They need to be broken down into smaller, more manageable goals. That way, we can see progress each day without becoming overwhelmed and ultimately abandoning the resolution all together.
This year, I’ve decided to compile a list of 10 resolutions that I believe are more realistic – something I’m far more likely to stick with than in years past. Here they are, in no particular order:
Mrs. Jones Could Use a Beer’s New Year’s Resolutions for 2015
- Get out of bed. Every day.
- Eat raw cookie dough at least once.
- Do not buy 15 beach houses in Maui.
- Do not win The Voice.
- Postpone run for the Office of the Presidency.
- Drink more wine.
- Rather than getting ready for bikini season this year, quit wearing bikinis.
- Watch internet cat videos.
- Binge watch Netflix series’.
- Stay out of prison.
Please feel free to steal any that speak to you as well.
I wish you a healthy and happy new year!