Image: “Roasted American Turkey (6408110873)” by Ralph Daily from Birmingham, United States – Roasted American Turkey. Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons –
*this post contains affiliate links for which I could be compensated
Thanksgiving Day is here!
The best meal of the year is TODAY! It’s probably safe to assume that most of us look forward to this meal all year.
As we gather with family and friends, there are moments throughout the day, especially with mixed company, where conversation lulls. You’re not quite sure what to say to cousins or aunts, and those moments can be awkward.
No one wants to be the cause of an argument, or uncomfortable silence. And surely no one ever intends to offend anyone.
Well today, I’m here to help.
I wanted you to have a resource to turn to in times such as these.
Here are my Top Ten Thanksgiving Dinner Conversation Starters
- “So, Aunt Marge, you seem to be drinking a lot less than usual. Did rehab actually work this last time?”
- “Uncle Mike, you really seem to be gaining weight. Have you thought about going gluten-free?”
- “Why is anyone taking Donald Trump seriously? Is anyone here actually supporting this guy?”
- “Is there some sort of age limit for running for President? Isn’t Bernie Sanders old enough to be in a museum somewhere?”
- “Let’s take a vote on who thinks we should just move Grandma to a home.”
- “Seriously, Cindy, what’s up with your kid? Hasn’t he been in diapers for like the last seven years?”
- “Tim, you seem like the kind of guy who would have an Ashley Madison account.”
- “Wow, Trevor, adolescence is sure not being kind to you. Sorry, kid. Do you get beat up a lot?”
- “Thank you for bringing your cranberry casserole again this year, Aunt Loretta. Just curious, do you ever notice that no one actually ever eats it?”
- “Well, John, I see that you’re still single. No that anyone’s surprised by that, I mean let’s be honest.”
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
If you missed my announcement yesterday, I’m doing a free giveaway on December 1st! One lucky reader will be chosen at random to receive these beautiful accessories from Cecile and Sammy Designs. Just enter your email address for a chance to win! (Must be 18 years or older and live in the United States.)